For over 25 years, Polhemus Savery DaSilva (PSD) has collaborated with individuals, families, and institutions to design and build exceptional custom homes and buildings that celebrate creative design and quality craftsmanship, honor their natural environments, and set the stage for lasting memories — for generations to come.
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtfully integrated architecture and construction on Cape Cod and coastal southeastern New England. PSD provides a highly collaborative process that is as special as the buildings we create. Our single-source approach provides seamless communication among the project team and our clients to ensure we meet deadlines, stay on budget, and deliver quality workmanship that realizes our client’s vision.
The Senior Project Architect is responsible for working with firm Principals to engage with prospective clients and participate in other business development functions, working with clients as Senior Designer through programming and schematic design, overseeing the development of design concepts through construction documents, and staying involved throughout the construction process through construction administration.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with firm Principals, developing client and consultant relationships.
- Participating in business development by engaging with prospective clients.
- Responsible for quality and completeness of communications with clients and consultants during all phases of work including construction.
- Primary point of accountability for design of specific architectural projects as assigned. Leads architectural team for those projects. Understands character and needs of project’s client and manages client expectations. Assists in client selection process and works with them to complete on schedule.
- Provide leadership and experienced guidance to architectural team.
- Responsible for meeting design goals within agreed upon architectural budgets and schedules and construction budgets and schedules. Fully understands contractual obligations in design. Available for occasional weekend meetings.
- In regular contact and coordination with Construction Project Directors (at least weekly during construction phase). Reviews job sites periodically to determine if execution is consistent with contract documents. Reports lack of consistency to Construction Project Directors immediately.
- B. Arch, M. Arch, or equivalent degree;
- Architectural Licensure;
- Minimum 10 years of applicable design experience;
- Able to self-motivate and work well under deadlines;
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and strong ability to manage client relationships;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong commitment to quality;
- Able to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment;
- Experience with various design presentation programs.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Office and/or field environment. Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills.
- Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
This is a full-time year-round position with excellent benefits within an energized collaborative environment.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through email@example.com.