Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Drafts with CAD programs to translate hand drawn or computer drawn schematic drawings into design development drawings.
- Uses CAD programs and PSD standards and other best practices to produce construction documents.
- Researches materials and systems.
- Drafts and renders two- or three-dimensional presentation drawings for use in public relations, permitting, or client presentations.
- May build three-dimensional study or presentation models.
- Researches building code, under the direction of Architectural Project Managers, to insure drawings and specifications are compliant.
- Coordinates with structural and MEP engineers in conjunction with Architectural Project Manager.
- Understands structural issues and coordinates them with architectural issues.
- Reviews shop drawings.
- Measures existing buildings and prepares existing condition drawings.
- May manage and maintain model equipment and supplies, as well as may support office CAD system.
- Creates detail entries for office detail standards manual.
- Creates record drawing sets when necessary.
- Communication with clients is minimal and at the direction of Architectural Project Managers.
- Reports to Architectural Operations Manager. Primarily takes direction from Architectural Project Managers and Architectural Operations Manager, but may also take direction from Design Principal or Project Architect.
Candidates will need to meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years experience in wood frame construction documentation.
- Knowledge of residential construction including relevant building codes and scope of work.
- Ability to read, understand and implement adjustments to architectural construction documents.
- Strong Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Revit experience preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Office and/or field environment. Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Overtime as required.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills.
- Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
This is a full-time, year-round position with excellent benefits within an energized, collaborative environment. For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD offices are located in East Harwich and Hingham, MA.