Join a small dynamic accounting and finance team as a Staff Accountant to ensure accurate processing and recording of company and affiliate financial information, ranging from departmental revenue and receivables, administrative expenses, job costs, accounts payable, payroll and general accounting matters.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Aid the Accounting Manager for all general accounting matters, including:
- Month end standard journal entries and accruals.
- Billing for service and architecture departments
- Prepare account reconciliations and balance sheet and income statement analysis.
- Review supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy and authorization and provide monthly detail for General Journal entries.
- General accounting and QuickBooks maintenance for affiliate entities.
- Manage employee credit card charges, reconcile statements and make timely payments.
- Manage principal accounts and ensure timely billing and collection of receivables owed to the Company monthly.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices, including routing for approvals, posting, and preparation of check runs.
- Process weekly payroll and update payroll related items as needed, including monitoring of payroll related accruals, employee utilization and capacity reports.
- Manage petty cash account.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time, quite often on short notice, by the CFO or Accounting Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented with strong work ethic and keen organizational skills.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Experience with Sage 100, 300 or similar general ledger package preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both individual and group problem solving situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
This is a full-time year-round position with excellent benefits within an energized collaborative environment. For more information or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients.