Responsible for new business development and day to day fieldwork within PSD’s Property Services division and project management of construction renovation projects. Provides oversight of Service Technicians and Construction Managers in the field and is accountable for the management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of service and renovation projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to safety, pre-construction, contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, subcontracting and contract administration functions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Business Development to expand the Property Services Division. Sourcing new client leads for residential property management. Work with existing clients for new property management opportunities. Respond to request for proposals (RFP’s) and similar client requests.
- Meet with clients to review requested scope of work. Proactively review homes in PSD Property Service programs for potential new work.
- Develop, review, implement project budgets, schedules, proposals and contract bid documents.
- Properly administer construction contracts, obtain appropriate permits and licenses and track subcontract permits.
- Develop and implement buyout strategies and prepare subcontracts.
- Oversee contractual performance of all trade contractors and review contract documents to make sure that all specifications and regulations are followed.
- Review, approve, and code subcontractor and vendor invoices on a weekly basis.
- Track and control schedules and associated costs to achieve project completion within time and budget.
- Monitor and review the selections and RFI process.
- Lead and participate in regularly scheduled project meetings.
- Communicate to clients and project team members about construction progress.
- Manage the project start-up and closeout process.
- Manage 200-point checklist process.
- Provide organization, direction and training of other project team members.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with Owners, consultants and subcontractors.
- Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional skills required include:
- Ability to review and understand service contract documents and inspection reports.
- Ability to respond to tasks and projects on short notice and within tight time constraints.
- Possess analytical skills and research skills to define and solve problems.
- Ability in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a positive, "can do" attitude, and a high degree of personal integrity and business ethics.
Required experience includes:
- At least 5 years of prior property service and/or residential construction experience.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of residential construction, engineering and construction project management, including safety standards.
- OSHA 10-hour certification preferred.
- Project management and scheduling experience including use of software (i.e. MS Project or other).
- Proficient in MS Work, Excel and Outlook.
Physical Job Demands
Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office and field environment.
Office and/or field environment. May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy machinery.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients.