The Interior Designer is responsible is responsible for identifying, researching and creatively resolving issues that will lead to a quality interior environment. Functionality needs of the client should be balanced with aesthetic desires to create a purposeful layout while showcasing high end design. The Interior Designer should strive to create harmony in the interior spaces through the correct use of scale and proportion. The Interior Designer is a client-interfacing position responsible for reviewing design plans, determining client goals, proposing materials and finishes, material procurement, and overseeing installations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Review architectural Schematic Design drawings for compliance with Interior Design Best Practice Standards.
- Review written specification for compliance with the Interior Design intent and level of finish for the project.
- Initiate the interior selections process with concept design and imagery through complete selections coordination.
- Review floor plans and proposed cabinetry and millwork for layout suggestions.
- Perform periodic site inspections throughout each phase of the project. Observe work in place for conformance with the design intent.
- Coordinate walkthrough with Construction Manager at rough-in phases of MEP systems.
- Uses CAD programs and PSD standards and other best practices to produce detail drawings.
- Researches materials.
- Drafts and renders presentation drawings for use in client presentations.
- Creates detail entries for office detail standards manual.
- Assist Architectural team with production drawings.
- Reports to Director of Architectural Operations. Works collaboratively with Architectural Project Managers, President/CEO, and clients, and may take project-specific direction from Design Principal or Sr. Designer.
Candidates will need to meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years experience in residential interior design.
- Working knowledge of residential construction.
- Ability to read, understand and implement adjustments to architectural design drawings.
- Strong Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Revit experience advantageous.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Office and/or field environment. Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Overtime as required.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills.
- Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD's primary office is located in East Harwich, MA with a satellite location in Hingham, MA.