The HR Manager will lead PSD’s workforce planning and hiring, employee onboarding, payroll processing, benefits administration, employee engagement, training and development as well as issue resolution. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in Human Resources, with a thorough understanding of HR and Payroll requirements and rules. We are seeking an HR Manager who easily connects with people and has a detail-oriented mindset to handle the changing nature of the workforce on Cape Cod.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Update employee records in the payroll system and process weekly payroll to produce an accurate and timely payroll.
- Assist management with recruitment efforts including posting job openings, interviews, and background checks.
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision.
- Oversee, refine, and execute employee policies and procedures, while implementing and refining HR systems and processes.
- Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including compensation, health insurance, STD/LTD, life Insurance, 401k, paid time off, and other benefit programs.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures, including team structure and morale.
- Support departments in the development and delivery of strategic HR plans to fit with the overall business direction.
- Plan, monitor, and appraise HR activities by facilitating meetings with employees and managers, hearing and resolving employee grievances, training managers to coach and discipline employees, and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Build strong relationships with external vendors, fostering trust and promoting collaboration.
- Handle confidential matters with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
Candidates will need to meet the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in human resources management required.
- Experience in payroll required.
- Degree in human resources, business administration or other related field preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset.
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Must possess a positive, "can do" attitude.
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies, compliance, and systems.
- Familiarity with HR software and proficiency in MS Office.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, the Islands, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD’s office is located in East Harwich.