*$2,500 Sign on Bonus paid upon satisfactory completion of 90 day introductory period.
The in-field Construction Manager is responsible for the daily job site management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of residential construction projects, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. Additional responsibilities include managing trade partners and ensuring quality control and safety.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead all work on residential construction sites to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations and safety codes.
- Manage trade partners and consultants; inspects work and approves payment for acceptable work and materials. Manage contract adherence and provides input on trade partner selection.
- Manage safety for himself/herself; oversees PSD employees to ensure they work safely; evaluate safety violations and exercises judgment to take appropriate action.
- Manage work against benchmarks and timetables to ensure trade partners, employees and vendors perform on schedule and on budget.
- Exercise discretion to plan and coordinate starts; modify schedules in response to field conditions to achieve PSD company goals.
- Use sound judgment to implement PSD’s jobsite compliance programs and monitors subcontractor compliance with applicable regulations such as building codes, environmental laws, and health and safety programs.
- Act as PSD’s primary representative on the jobsite with third parties such as trade partners, consultants, customers and government inspectors.
- Manage daily logistics of the site to ensure various contractors work harmoniously; stage the job by determining the timing and location of material deliveries.
- Develop and maintains business relationships with owners, consultants and trade partners.
- Maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidate will need to meet the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 7-10 years residential construction experience with supervisory or project oversight experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of home construction including relevant building codes and scope of work.
- Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans and soil reports.
- Construction Supervisor’s License.
- OSHA 30-hour certification required.
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel proficiency.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Field and/or office environment.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Overtime as required.
- May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy machinery.
- Reaching above and below, stooping and bending.
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills.
- Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy field and office environment.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through email@example.com.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, the Islands, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD’s office is located in East Harwich.