The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO and managing the organization’s office operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the organization and clients. Arrange and handle all logistics for meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes as needed.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Manage all aspects of organization’s office services.
- Manage information systems operations including hardware, software, desktop support, internal telecommunications, and strategic systems development and planning.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- At least 5 years of prior executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to: IT infrastructure; IT support and troubleshooting; and cloud-based environments (web-based applications).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, senior executives, staff, and community leaders.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Ability in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and process driven administrative skillset.
- Must possess a positive, "can do" attitude, and a high degree of personal integrity and business ethics.
- Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, hands on environment.
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficient in MS Work, Excel, and Outlook.
Physical Job Demands:
Reaching above and below, stooping, and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office and field environment.
Office and/or field environment. May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy machinery.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through email@example.com.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, the Islands, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD’s office is located in East Harwich.