The Director of Construction is a key member of PSD’s leadership team and is responsible for the management of all construction operations including oversight of preconstruction, estimating, project management, trade partner engagement, job site supervision, QA/QC, and safety.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee Project Managers and on-site Construction Managers across multiple job sites.
- Oversee estimating process.
- Support Construction Contract process.
- Monitor schedules, critical paths for projects, trade partner schedules, and cost controls to ensure homes are completed on time/on budget and meet expected quality standards.
- Implement checklists for inspection, quality control, and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct onsite inspections to ensure production is meeting deadlines, quality, and other requirements. Review trade partner performance and quality or product.
- Establish standard construction methods, as well as operating procedures for managing cost control, change orders, trade partners, quality control, etc.
- Manage training of staff in construction practices, materials, quality control standards, safety, and other procedures.
- Ensure production is meeting current building codes, zoning ordinances, and other legal regulations.
- Ensure safety program is maintained and field safety training is conducted.
- Provide organization, direction and training of team members.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with clients, consultants and trade partners/subcontractors.
- Responsible for warehouse facilities and vehicle maintenance.
- Lead regular department team meetings and participate in regular project meetings.
- Manages implementation and use of MS Project, Builder Trend, Sage and related software.
Experience and Skills Required
Professional experience and skills required include:
- 10+ years of high-end residential construction leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong grasp on project estimating process.
- Ability to delegate and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Proven leadership and team engagement strategies.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of residential construction, engineering and construction project management, including safety standards.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent client relationships
- OSHA 10-hour certification.
- Current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), MS Project.
- Experience in Sage and Builder Trend preferred.
Physical Job Demands
Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office and field environment.
Office and/or field environment. May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy machinery.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
This is a full-time, year-round position with excellent benefits within an energized, collaborative environment. For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through email@example.com.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD offices are located in East Harwich and Hingham, MA.