For over 25 years, Polhemus Savery DaSilva (PSD) has collaborated with individuals, families, and institutions to design and build exceptional custom homes that celebrate creative design and quality craftsmanship, honor their natural environments, and set the stage for lasting memories — for generations to come.
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtfully integrated architecture and construction on Cape Cod and coastal southeastern New England. PSD provides a highly collaborative process that is as special as the buildings we create. Our single-source approach provides seamless communication among the project team and our clients to ensure we meet deadlines, stay on budget, and deliver quality workmanship that realizes our client’s vision.
The Design Associate is responsible for architectural drafting during all phases of PSD projects, including the preparation of CAD drawings from sketches by the Design Principal, Project Architect, or Architectural Project Managers.
- Draft with CAD programs to translate hand drawn or computer drawn schematic drawings into design development drawings.
- Use CAD programs and PSD standards and other best practices to produce construction documents.
- Research materials and systems.
- Draft and render two- or three-dimensional presentation drawings for use in public relations, permitting, or client presentations.
- Measure existing buildings and prepare existing condition drawings.
- Research building code, under the direction of Architectural Project Managers, to ensure drawings and specifications are compliant.
- Coordinate with structural and MEP engineers in conjunction with Architectural Project Manager.
- Understand structural issues and coordinate them with architectural issues.
- May review shop drawings.
- Create detail entries for office detail standards manual.
- Create record drawing sets when necessary.
- May build three-dimensional study or presentation models.
- Communication with clients is minimal and at the direction of Architectural Project Managers.
- Reports to Director of Architectural Operations. Primarily takes direction from Architectural Project Managers and Director of Architectural Operations but may also take direction from Design Principal or Project Architect.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in wood frame construction documentation preferred.
- Revit experience is required.
- Knowledge of residential construction including relevant building codes and scope of work.
- Ability to read, understand and implement adjustments to architectural construction documents.
- Strong Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Office and/or field environment. Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills.
- Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.