Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Draft with CAD programs to translate hand drawn or computer drawn schematic drawings into design development drawings.
- Use CAD programs and PSD standards and other best practices to produce construction documents.
- Research materials and systems.
- Draft and render two- or three-dimensional presentation drawings for use in public relations, permitting, or client presentations.
- Measure existing buildings and prepare existing condition drawings.
- Research building code, under the direction of Architectural Project Managers, to ensure drawings and specifications are compliant.
- Coordinate with structural and MEP engineers in conjunction with Architectural Project Manager.
- Understand structural issues and coordinate them with architectural issues.
- May review shop drawings.
- Create detail entries for office detail standards manual.
- Create record drawing sets when necessary.
- May build three-dimensional study or presentation models.
- Communication with clients is minimal and at the direction of Architectural Project Managers.
- Reports to Architectural Production Manager. Primarily takes direction from Architectural Project Managers and Architectural Production Manager but may also take direction from Design Principal or Project Architect.
Candidates will need to meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in wood frame construction documentation.
- Knowledge of residential construction including relevant building codes and scope of work.
- Ability to read, understand and implement adjustments to architectural construction documents.
- Strong Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
- Revit experience preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Office and/or field environment. Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Overtime as required.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills.
- Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients.