*$2,500 Sign on Bonus paid upon satisfactory completion of 90 day introductory period.
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of residential construction projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to safety, preconstruction, contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, subcontracting and contract administration functions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide a support role in the project pre-construction services and bidding process.
- Develop, review, implement project budgets, schedules and contract bid documents.
- Team with Project Superintendent to lead group for duration of project.
- Develop and implement buyout strategies and prepare subcontracts.
- Properly administer construction contracts, obtain appropriate permits and licenses and track subcontract permits.
- Oversee contractual performance of all trade contractors and review contract documents to make sure that all specifications and regulations are followed.
- Enforce the company’s safety program in accordance with policies and processes, local, state, and federal laws to include all subcontractors.
- Review, approve and code subcontractor and vendor invoices on a weekly basis.
- Track and control construction schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and budget.
- Monitor and review the selections and RFI process.
- Lead and participate in regularly scheduled project meetings.
- Communicate to owners and architects about construction progress.
- Manage the project start-up and closeout process.
- Provide organization, direction and training of other project team members.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with Owners, consultants and subcontractors.
- Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional skills required include:
- Possess analytical skills and research skills to define and solve problems.
- Ability in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a positive, "can do" attitude.
Required experience includes:
- 4 year Degree, Construction Management Degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of previous construction experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of residential construction, engineering and construction project management, including safety standards.
- OSHA 10-hour certification.
- Project management and scheduling experience including use of software (i.e. MS Project or other).
- MS Office - Microsoft Word & Excel experience.
Physical Job Demands
Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office and field environment.
Office and/or field environment. May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy machinery.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through email@example.com.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, the Islands, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD’s office is located in East Harwich.