The Laborer role is essential and assists the project team in ensuring timely and successful completion of construction projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures.
- Load and unload trucks; haul and hoist materials.
- Assist Carpenters and other trades.
- Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 0-1 year residential construction experience.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Current and valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Field environment.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Overtime as required.
- May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy machinery.
- Must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting (in excess of 50 pounds). Physical requirements including standing, walking, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
A Laborer who exhibits above average proficiency in their job and consistently demonstrates initiative, who gets their assigned work done properly, demonstrates an aptitude for the carpentry trade, and who works to improve his/her skills will often be in line for promotion to a Carpenter Apprentice.
Eligibility for promotion to Carpenter Apprentice requires that the candidate obtain the following:
- Obtain OSHA 10-hour certification.
- Obtain and maintain certification for First Aid and CPR.
- Procure the following tools:
- Safety Glasses
- Work Gloves
- Work Boots
- Carpenters pencils, Sharpie
- Tape measure 25’ – 30’
- Utility knife and extra blades
- “C” clamps/quickie clamps (2)
- Set of wood chisels
- Sliding T Bevel
- Scribe / Compass
- Chalk Line with extra chalk (not red)
- Small roll of dry line
- Torpedo levels, 24” and 48” long
- Cats Paw
- Small set of miscellaneous drill bits
- Speed square
- Framing square
- Cordless drill kit with extra bits, including specialty bits (i.e. T-25, extensions, etc.)
- Metal tin snips
- Allen wrenches – 2 sets (SAE and Metric)
- Set of portable sawhorses
- Set of center punches / nail sets
- 1 – 50’ extension cord, 1 – 100’ extension cord, 1 – 3 way connector
- Circular saw with extra blades
- Sawzall with extra blades
- Small 4” grinder with miscellaneous cutoff wheels
- Screw driver set
- Prybar or wrecking bar
- Small Halogen light / work light
- Tool belt
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients.