The Client Services Manager is a client-facing role responsible for new business development and project management within PSD’s Property Services division. The Client Services Manager oversees Construction Managers in the field and is accountable for the management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to safety, preconstruction, contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, subcontracting and contract administration functions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Business Development to expand the Property Services Division. Sourcing new client leads for residential property management. Work with existing clients for new property management opportunities. Respond to request for proposals (RFP’s) and similar client requests.
- Meet with clients to review requested scope of work. Proactively review homes in PSD Property Service programs for potential new work.
- Develop, review, implement project budgets, schedules, proposals and contract bid documents.
- Develop and implement buyout strategies and prepare subcontracts.
- Oversee contractual performance of all trade contractors and review contract documents to make sure that all specifications and regulations are followed.
- Review, approve and code subcontractor and vendor invoices on a weekly basis.
- Track and control schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and budget.
- Lead and participate in regularly scheduled project meetings.
- Communicate to owners about construction progress.
- Manage the project start-up and closeout process.
- Provide organization, direction and training of other project team members.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with Owners, consultants and subcontractors.
- Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional skills required include:
- Ability to review and understand service contract documents and inspection reports.
- Ability to respond to tasks and projects on short notice and within tight time constraints.
- Possess analytical skills and research skills to define and solve problems.
- Ability in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a positive, "can do" attitude, and a high degree of personal integrity and business ethics.
Required experience includes:
- At least 5 years of prior construction experience.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of residential construction, engineering and construction project management, including safety standards.
- OSHA 10-hour certification.
- Project management and scheduling experience including use of software (i.e. MS Project or other).
- Proficient in MS Work, Excel and Outlook.
Physical Job Demands:
Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office and field environment.
Working Conditions: Office and/or field environment. May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy machinery.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD's primary office is located in East Harwich, MA with a satellite location in Hingham, MA.