The Assistant Construction Project Manager is responsible for supporting in the daily management, coordination and successful completion of residential construction projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to safety, preconstruction, contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, subcontracting and contract administration functions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the project pre-construction services and bidding process.
- Help to create and monitor project budgets, schedules and contract bid documents.
- Support in buyout and subcontract preparation.
- Properly administer construction contracts and track subcontract permits.
- Ensure contractual performance of all trade partners and review contract documents to make sure that all specifications and regulations are followed.
- Follow the company’s safety program in accordance with policies and processes, local, state, and federal laws to include all subcontractors.
- Review, approve and code subcontractor and vendor invoices on a weekly basis.
- Track and update construction schedules and costs to achieve project completion within time and budget.
- Monitor and review the selections and Requests for Information (RFI) process.
- Participate in regularly scheduled project meetings.
- Aide in the project start-up and closeout process.
- Maintain business relationships with consultants and trade partners.
- Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess analytical skills and research skills to define and solve problems.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with others on the team.
- 4-year Degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2-3 years of previous construction experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of residential construction, including safety standards.
- OSHA 10-hour certification preferred.
- Project management and scheduling experience ideal, including software (i.e. MS Project or other).
- Strong Proficiency in MS Office - Word & Excel.
Physical Job Demands
Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office and field environment.
Office, remote and/or field environment. May be exposed to hazardous environments with heavy machinery.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients.