The Architectural Project Manager (APM) acts as primary point of communication with PSD clients from start of design through completion of construction. The APM ensures design intent is maintained and is responsible for the quality and completeness of drawings and specifications. The APM must possess superb communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to drive projects forward. Candidates must be experienced in wood frame construction documentation and proficient in CAD. Revit proficiency preferred. Experience in high end residential architecture is a MUST.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for client communication from start of design to completion of construction. Responsible for quality and completeness of communications with clients and consultants at all phases of the work including during construction. Primary point of communication with clients after pre-design phase and with consultants in all phases.
- Primary point of accountability for progress of specific architectural projects as assigned. Leads architectural team for those projects. Understands character of project’s client and manages client expectations. Assists in client selection process and works with them to complete selections on schedule.
- Responsible for quality and completeness of drawings and specifications. Oversees and coordinates work of Design Associates and presents it to Senior Designer and/or Landscape Senior Designer. Understands design intent and works to maintain it throughout the project.
- Responsible for meeting design goals within agreed upon architectural budgets and construction budgets. Fully understands contractual obligations in both design and construction phases. Is able to answer management or client’s questions on job progress or details at any time. Available for occasional weekend meetings.
- In regular contact and coordination with Construction Project Mangers (at least weekly during construction phase). Reviews job sites periodically to determine if execution is consistent with contract documents. Reports lack of consistency to Construction Project Manger immediately.
- Creates and maintains project schedules. Makes other project participants aware of schedules and works with them to insure schedules are met. Tracks and reviews all hours billed to projects and compares them to budgeted hours. Creates and maintains architectural project budgets. Works with other project participants to insure budgeted hours are met. Notifies Architectural Production Manager if schedules or budgets are going off track and proposes solutions for getting back on track. Must fully understand, review for reasonableness, and commit to meeting budgeted hours.
- Discusses allowance balances and change orders, both architectural and construction, with clients after working with Construction Project Manger to understand full implications.
- Works with construction staff to understand costs so architectural work can meet client’s construction budgets. Reviews drawings in all stages, including schematic design, with construction staff and consultants if necessary, for constructability issues including cost effectiveness of design and detailing.
- Insures, with help of Design Associates and Architectural Design Manager, code and other regulatory compliance of their project’s work.
- Organizes project records and meetings with consultants, clients or PSD staff. Runs project meetings and creates meeting minutes as needed.
- Works with client and Senior Designer to complete budget pricing checklist and drawing set. Supports construction cost estimator in completing budget pricing.
- Exerts judgment as to when Principals need to be called in and manages time, responsibilities and client communications of Principals as they relate to specific projects. Schedules adequate time for drawing review by Senior Designer and Landscape Senior Designer.
- May act as Architectural support Staff on own or other’s projects. Full time employee. May exceed 40 hours per week. Accountable to Director of Architectural Operations. May also take direction from Principals, Design Principal or Senior Designer.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through email@example.com.
About Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD)
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtful architectural design and quality construction throughout Cape Cod, the Islands, and southeastern New England. Offering an innovative single source for new construction, remodeling, and renovation projects, our firm provides fully integrated services for select residential, commercial and institutional clients. PSD’s office is located in East Harwich.