For 25 years, Polhemus Savery DaSilva (PSD) has collaborated with individuals, families, and institutions to design and build exceptional custom homes that celebrate creative design and quality craftsmanship, honor their natural environments, and set the stage for lasting memories — for generations to come.
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtfully integrated architecture and construction on Cape Cod and coastal southeastern New England. PSD provides a highly collaborative process that is as special as the buildings we create. Our single-source approach provides seamless communication among the project team and our clients to ensure we meet deadlines, stay on budget, and deliver quality workmanship that realizes our client’s vision.
Join a small dynamic accounting & finance team as the Accounting Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage the accounting functions including, but not limited to the following: general ledger, job costing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Manage month-end close procedures. Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Manage job costing process including costing, AIA billings, work-in-progress monthly summary by project.
- Draft construction contracts and schedules of values for new clients by working with Architecture and Construction team members.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop, mentor, and supervise the accounting team by setting goals, managing performance, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Assist CFO with insurance, banking, forecasting and human resource functions as needed.
- Assist with year-end financial review requests and reporting.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or business with emphasis in accounting, is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented with strong work ethic and keen organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Experience with Sage 100, 300 or similar general ledger package preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both individual and group problem solving situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
This is a full-time year-round position with excellent benefits within an energized collaborative environment.
For more information, or to submit your resume and letter of interest, please contact us through email@example.com.